• bluerob
  • bluerob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #23739 by bluerob
Don't feel like eating was created by bluerob
Hello and best regards to all.

The last few days, I've had basically zero food and just drinking coffee with the ocassional glass of water.

Because I'm in constant pain, I just couldn't be bothered preparing abd then cooking. I feed my animals, but, I just have no appetite.

This morning I woke up and was physically ill twice with the ther horrid reaction that one usually associates with dodgy food. I dont want to be too descriptive.

Anyways, how serious is it if I miss a few meals with my medications?

I'm prescribed Oxynorm, Oxycontin, Lyrca, Fentenyl patch, Valium then stuff for the heart attacks that I recently had.

I know that you're supposed to eat, but, if I can't because I'm just not hungry, is it really that bad?

I live on my own and I've tried all the "ready to eat" meals which taste exactly like hospital food, but, is there anything else I can do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #23740 by grappers
Replied by grappers on topic Don't feel like eating
Hi bluerob,
Mate you need to eat, most of the medications you take are hard on the stomach and produce lots of acid, no wonder you're getting food poisoning like symptoms, coffee is not a food, have you thought about light and easy, you can select the meals you want, so no need to shop, but some will require cooking and minimal prep.
I am with you in regards to hospital food, the only meal I eat supplied by hospitals is breakfast, even the coffee is third rate, my wife would go to the cafe in the hospital for my main meals, at least those meals compare to some restaurants,

Don

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #23744 by Eliza
Replied by Eliza on topic Don't feel like eating
Hi,

Most days I don't feel like eating either, it's crazy because I love cooking and I love food!

I even have my own veggie and herb garden and I just grew broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, beetroot, herbs, lettuce and so much more but I don't feel like eating because I'm in too much pain....

And like you I'm on a high dose of opiates...oxynorm, kapinol, lyrica. Cymbalta Etc etc etc...

Because of pain I'm always too tired to prepare a meal tho I always go and tend to my garden and I water it.

I don't know the answer, my restless nights are spent getting up every 2 hrs then I usually spend the arvo in bed because I'm exhausted about 9 months ago I used to exercise about 2-5 days a week in the hydro-therapy pool but even that's gone because I don't have the strength or the determination/motivation to do it anymore.....that's got to change.....one might say I'm depressed and yes, I am.....and I'm too tired too....another excuse for me to go to,bed in the arvo...

I used to love cooking...go figure...."Chronic Pain! " does that to you! So I understand where you are at!

Well, I put it down to CHRONIC PAIN and NO MOTIVATION/DETERMINATION to do what I need to do regardless of how much pain I'm in.

I do have to change this behaviour because it's not helping me nor you.

So, what's the answer???? The answer is we have to EAT! Especially if,we want to heal!

It's for us to do/find out and achieve it!!!!!

Be kind to ourselves is easy to say but doing it is hard....when one is in pain. ,

I'm so sick of the pain, it comsumes me however, I do know I need to change and look after myself and that means to eat regardless whether I want to or not.

I suppose the motto of this post is to be kind to oneself regardless of the pain....easier said then done!

We can only try!

Eliza
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Eliza.

• bluerob
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #23745 by bluerob
Replied by bluerob on topic Don't feel like eating
Thanks for the replies.

I'm still crook as a dog, so, I'll see if my GP will visit at home.

Cheers

More
5 years 1 month ago #23746 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Don't feel like eating
Mate, sorry to hear you are still not doing so well. I really hope it improves for you soon and that the GP can help you out short term. Nothing worse than feeling so ill and helpless that you can't see past this very minute. We have all been there and will go there again at some point.

It's even worse when you live on your own without any support and you are isolated in your community. There are so many of our members like that and I just want them to know that we are thinking of them too!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• bluerob
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #23752 by bluerob
Replied by bluerob on topic Don't feel like eating
Thanks again for the replies.

Its gotta be food poisoning (I hope).

God awful time when the spine is busted too!

Still waiting on the GP.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.