Don't feel like eating

More
5 years 1 month ago #23754 by Wendles
Replied by Wendles on topic Don't feel like eating
Eliza,
Your post was as if i had written it but it was strange seeing it layed out like that. Gosh we are in a mess arent we :unsure:

It is so hard to make the change, we know we should, we know what to do but the energy to do it, to get through the pain to make it hurt more to make it better in the long run. It just seems impossible most days.

Hopefully one day

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eliza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #23760 by illeatyu
Replied by illeatyu on topic Don't feel like eating
Hi Eliza,

I have 70 cook books used to have dinner parties, used to,sit and read them for fun then go try stuff, used to used to used to.

I have a long list of things I used to enjoy, and instruction like you from my shrink on what to do to help get it back, but no idea where to find the energy, or the will to endure the pain I know it will cause, I,suppose all we can do is the best we can, and if that's not enough today well tuff, cause if that's all you have then that's all you have.

Just know that you are not alone and that we are here with you and for you.

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

More
5 years 1 month ago #23762 by Ant
Replied by Ant on topic Don't feel like eating
I hope the GP can get to you or vise versa... maybe a review of the drugs might help but in any case I hope you feel better soon!

I can't say it's like your trouble but I associate part of my lack of desire for food with tramadol... seems like my stomach doesn't feel empty and hunger is so easy to ignore compared to pain... I think opiates are associated with this trouble but do we really want to continue wasting away and like already said the drugs are often better tolerated with a meal...
Again, I hope you can get some relief!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluerob

• bluerob
  • bluerob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #23772 by bluerob
Replied by bluerob on topic Don't feel like eating
Many thanks to all the replies and good wishes. It worked!

I am feeling 70% better, so, I'll get there.

My GP believes food poisoning might have been responsible - the little bit on Monday night.

Thanks again!!!

More
5 years 1 month ago #23773 by Eliza
Replied by Eliza on topic Don't feel like eating
Hey there Bluerob,

I'm so glad that you're feeling better...

I'm so sorry that my post was about eating..

I didn't read your post right and I didn't realise you had a tummy bug so I do apologise for that!
And that I raved on a bit about eating and Pain...

Never mind you are on the road to recovery and that's what counts.

Kindest Regards
Eliza

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #23774 by Eliza
Replied by Eliza on topic Don't feel like eating
.Hey there Wendles,

Yes, it's so hard to make that change to do what we know we have to do because when pain consumes us it's hard Ito think of anything else because we are plagued by one thought that's happening in the moment and that's Chronic PAIN!!!

Change is so hard when we are hurting so much! And it's so hard to convey that message to our loved ones because they are over it!
Well,that's what I have found with my family....my daughter-in law says well, I have spondylitis but it doesn't stop her from dancing and working...my pain is physically draining and yes, it does stop me from doing the things that I used to do...like going to the job that I LOVED SO MUCH!!!!! If I could do it I WOUlD! But my Pain exhausts me to the point that I can't work Even if II wanted too! And I really truly do want my old job back!!!

It's so much different to those who feel pain...with us our brain has changed and with that we are in pain 24/7 and it's odd and so much different to the odd ache and pain she/they might feel every now and again ( she only ever complains every few months) if you know what I mean? Mine is with me all the time and it never stops, throbbing, aching , twitching , painful crazy Pain.

Do you get what I'm saying Wendles???

Kindest Regards
Eliza
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Eliza.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.