KNEE PAIN that will not go away

• reebonz
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 months 1 week ago #30341 by reebonz
KNEE PAIN that will not go away was created by reebonz
I've had what I thought is runner's knee for about 2 months. It is constant pain on the lower inner right knee. I feel it when I walk down steps. I took an ENTIRE month off and it is the same (which I've never done). I'm icing and stretching and rolling and there is no improvement. I can run with it but I am afraid I am causing more damage. Appreciate if anyone could share some thoughts on who I should do next to reach out for help...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #30342 by Groovellous
Replied by Groovellous on topic KNEE PAIN that will not go away
Hi Reebonz
I have only just signed up to Pain Australia, and came straight to the forums to search for keyword "knee". Your post is the only one that came up.
From what you say in your post, you probably have patello-femoral pain. There is lots of stuff online about it. Look up [Doctors name removed by Moderator] for his perspective on how to manage it. You should avoid aggravating the pain whilst working on your strength in knee and hip joints. That's the impression I got when researching it. Alas, my problem is not PFP, but something else nerve-related that doesn't fit into any category I can find, though drs I've spoken to suggest it could be a type of Central Sensitization. The fact that I don't have the symptoms of this doesn't seem to matter.
Good luck with your management, and don't let a physio talk you into doing more than your body can handle. It's an investment in your future to hold off doing things that hurt the knee until the muscles that support it are stronger. If managing stairs were the only thing that bothered me I would be ecstatic...
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Peter. Reason: Breach of rules. Cannot publish the names of clinicians without their consent!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.