Chronic right shoulder blade and mid back pain

• Jonnyr
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #30667 by Jonnyr
Hey everyone

I'm reaching out because I'm in a bad state with my pain and am not sure what to do next. I have had chronic pain below my right shoulder blade for years now and now across the middle of my back for months. For my shoulder blade, the pain feels like it is underneath my shoulder blade, so no amount of massage, acupuncture etc has helped.

I recently got a new set of MRI scans done of my cervical and thoracic spine, and also of the shoulder blade region, and aside from a bulging disc at C3/4 causing foraminal stenosis on the right side of my neck, nothing else was found. It's hard to say whether my shoulder blade pain is caused by this but knowing how many people having bulging discs with no symptoms, perhaps it isn't.

I'm just wondering what I should be doing next? I have an appointment with my rheumatologist in 2 weeks and will be doing a lot of yoga, swimming and stretching in the meantime to see if that helps, but I would love some advice about what my next steps could and should be.

Thanks so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brett3
  • Away
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #30671 by Brett3
Hi jonnyr, I have had that exact pain for a good 8 years . Some comes from my neck but mostly the cause is D.I.S.H. I was diagnosed back in early February. Hurts to breath in when it seizes up. I always have a heat pack on me somewhere, it offers me some relief. If you can I would be asking for a thoracic MRI. Good luck cause it’s the pits. Harpy

• Jonnyr
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #30673 by Jonnyr
Hey mate, thanks for this. I'm sorry you have experienced that, truly. How did you get diagnosed for DISH?

I actually did get a thoracic MRI and nothing was out of the ordinary :(

• Brett3
  • Away
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #30675 by Brett3
I have just had a full body spect scan ,I was due for cervical and lumbar injections and told pain dr about the thoracic pain , in and around shoulder blades and rib pain from back and wraps around front. DISH Showed up in that scan . I have very limited ROM , can twist at all and definitely can’t bend sideways. I just had the 5 injections in neck and lumbar and should get phone call review end of week and hopefully can get some injections in thoracic . Ask for a spect CT . They inject a dye, do a scan then you go away for a couple hours and they re do scan , the scan takes a while and is horrendous to lay that still for so long.

More
1 day 11 hours ago #30711 by Chris H
Hi, Jonnyr , just wondering how you are doing.
I see it has been about 3 weeks since your post... any new updates?

Just wondering as I had something similar in 2013 and it took over a year to get a correct diagnosis on it.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.