Delta Wave Music for pain management / meditation

More
7 years 7 months ago #14727 by Brook
Ta Peter, downloading the youtube covnerter now. Not for Delta tunes - for a mp3 copy of prodigy vs. enya - smack the orinoco flow. Yiew!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #14734 by Peter
Hahahaha. Brook, I have downloaded so many songs for my teenagers and filled their MP3 players. I have also downloaded a lot for myself too. They aren't the best quality, when compared to buying a pre-recorded CD, which is something I always do. If I like what I hear, then I pay for a copy or more than one album, because I believe in giving the Musos their payment for the work they have done. I know how much work goes into creating these songs, so we do need to pay for them.
My kids have bought CD's based on the music I downloaded, it's crazy.

There is however, a huge amount of music that has been designed specifically for YouTube. These people use YouTube to become famous, so they want people to listen and download and keep listening, so that when they eventually make an album, they will sell plenty. If they are smart, they won't upload the album onto the internet.

Enjoy the music!

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Peter.

More
7 years 7 months ago #14739 by kebsa
collins that may explain something- when i ahve been depressed and feeling really down and you get weepy, i used to get annoyed when people would say "have a cry, you'll feel better" the comments that we all feel better after a good cry- well i never did, i felt worse because i just felt more out of control which just tended to make me feel worse- i have always been a practical logical kind of person adn feeling like i am in control of myself has always been important. But i have some music that is good for just letting me have a cry without feeling that loss of control or needing any particular reason. then there is other stuff that can bring tears but in a positive way, leaves me with an inspirational feeling.

i'll have to look into this a bit more

More
7 years 7 months ago #14908 by kebsa
i just could not forget this bit about Delta wave music> when i had been out and about i looked atmeditation CD's - even at my local library where i could borrow them if they had something suitable but could not find much at all and nothing that referred to delta wave in the blurb on the case. So i did a search on good ol You Tube- i got quite a few hits back. there was one in particular that the music combined with the onscreen visualizations basically had me completely ZONED out! it was really nice feeling! it was just a pity it was sittin infront of the computer- i know some you tube stuff will give you a link to where you can buy the tracks but this did not-

is there a way to save the you tube videos to DVD so i could then be in my recliner instead of infront of the computer?? i think i get the point a little beter about the Delta wave music- it was more than being relaxed, i was realy zoned out but it was the combination of the beautiful sounds and the images on screen that i can best describe as an on screen lava lamp!- it did not make me feel sleepy just really relaxed- given all the unpleasant stuff that has happened recently and the increased pain- it was a really nice feeling- would be so muchnicer on the bigger screen of the TV

• Collins
  • Collins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Dedicated to pain research when possible
More
7 years 7 months ago #14911 by Collins
Hey Kebsa

Yes you can - see this link for details

www.pcworld.com/article/244289/how_to_do..._youtube_videos.html

I have found that internet radio (in media player) has a huge range of radio stations from ambient meditation right through to Delta Wave Music - and you dont need to save these as they are always there!

I have also been studying a lot about sound and its impact on the body since my discovery of the medical powers of sound upon the body and discovered that scientists have been mapping the various frequencies given off by the brain for a long time, not only with things like rejuvenating sleep etc but during certain conditions including taking prescription medicines such as tramadol, morphine and oxycodeine to name just a few of those medications!

They have discovered that by replicating the same frequency back to the brain, the effect upon the brain is an inducement of the same condition that is equivalent to the frequency. These are called Binaural frequencies. They should only be played back to the brain by the use of headphones for best effect and contrary to popular belief not all binaural frequencies contain white noise as many think (subliminal type of messaging with the sound - that doesnt sound as good as pure binaural sound frequency)

Binaural Sounds is not another piece of witchcraft voodoo - this is actually science that has been proven as fact and so it cannot be disputed by anyone including other scientists - this is a lot of information on this subject if you know what to look for and seek it out, so feel free to wikipedia it etc etc

This is another invaluable tool in the Chronic Pain sufferers bag of tricks!

In simple terms you can say for example - play an oxycodeine binaural frequency to the brain and you can have the same effect as the drug, but without the actual drug in your system - how handy is that!
So playing this sound can be used to replace oxycodenine or even simply just enhance / strengthen the effect of any oxycodeine that you may be taking already under prescription which adds another huge tool to your treasure chest of anti - pain tricks.

NOTE: BE WARNED THAT LISTENING TO A BINAURAL FREQUENCY OF LETS SAY OXYCODEINE, MUST BE TREATED THE SAME IN EFFECT TO THE DRUG - IN SIMPLE TERMS - IF YOU CANNOT DRIVE WHEN TAKING OXYCODEINE - THAN YOU CANNOT DRIVE IF YOU HAVE LISTENED TO BINAURAL OXYCODEINE AS YOU CAN LITERAALY CRASH YOUR CAR GIVEN IT CAN HAVE THE SAME EFFECT - YOU SHOULD ALSO CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE LISTENING TO BINAURAL FREQUENCIES FOR THIS REASON! (can have the same effect as the drug)

I actually have a huge collection of the binaural frequencies for just about every prescription drug, as well as binaural sounds that replicate certain other conditions like rejuvenating sleep / anti migraine frequencies etc (the list is endless) and am happy to share these with anyone interested - if anyone wants these just place a post here and I will send a cd or work out a way to get them to you. I only listen to the binaural frequencies of my meds and the condtions I need to control (anti anxiety / deep sleep as required etc) and I only suggest that others do the same - the last thing you need to do is start listening to a mixture of binaural frequency of various drugs for obvious reasons. If you think Delta Wave music zoned you right out - then binaural will really press your zoned out buttons - I have been zoning out a lot lately to help with pain and its now another huge tool to my bag of tricks - like anything - its doesnt cure my pain - but it does help me get through it easier than without it

Hope this information is helpful to some as it has been to me

Regards Jamie

One of the silent voices, supporting CPA
The following user(s) said Thank You: kebsa, OneDay_@_ATime

More
7 years 7 months ago #14912 by kebsa
it doe sound really interesting and it makes me wonder why they doen't make use of it more in chronic conditions such as chronic pain and even palliative care- i think my MS is rearing its ugly head as i have double vision, my balance is off and i have really annoying myoclonic twitching- its worse in my hands and arm so i keep dropping things and its hard to read the screen - it's been happening for a while but less severe and less often but today its really bad- if you can suggest anything that may help reduce this i would certinly try it- its hard to get o slee when hands and arms, and too a lesser extent, leg are twitching and jerking away. Sorry if there are lots of tpos- i have tried to correct as i go but keep miss hitting keys!

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

About

All demo content is for sample purposes only, to represent a live site.

Note: Galatea is built on the latest version of the Gantry 5 Framework.